Monday, June 18, 2012

Kitty Pryde (Hip Hop)


No, not the Marvel Kitty Pryde - this is the ex-hipster girl turned rapper. My friend recently showed her to me and I really honestly don't know how to feel about her. Her shows are akin to a poetry slam, and I don't know WHAT Riff-Raff is doing next to her, dick out, raging Skrillex haircut. Her lyrics are just like a teenage girl's diary entry, and I think that's what she's going for. It's like, too cute, or too something, like she just woke up one morning and with a bubbly scree grabbed the nearest cat to her and said "I'm gunna be a rapper mr. hutchkinsons!" Anyway, here's a music video: make of her what you will.

 

Speaking of live shows, I still think one of the most raging live shows is provided by the young men over at OFTWGKTA. The music itself isn't unbelievably brilliant or anything, but I feel like people straight up get naked and contract rabies at these shows. Keep an eye out for the two random dudes who just decide to stage dive like a pair of kings.



If Kitty Pryde had a show like this she'd be in very great danger of sexual intrusion to say the least.

No comments:

Post a Comment