Thursday, June 21, 2012

Hope and Social - Sleep Sound (Indie/Alt Rock)

In perusing through the musical blogs of music that I peruse I noticed a little influx in new indie rock tracks; and I listened to all of them; and I decided they were all somewhat underwhelming. But they did all, however, remind me of this 4 year old, England-based band, Hope and Social, that I think deserves a little more publicity (not implying my blog counts as publicity).

To me, they are a breath of fresh air in the indie rock world as they generally stray away from the generic chord progressions you find in a lot of the radio-alternative anthems (I-V-vi-IV). In addition, they use a lot of different vocal styles, from full choruses to five part harmonies; they don't shy away from introducing new instruments to each track; and they infuse a healthy amount of that PunchBrothers/Mumford&Sons folk feel to create a relaxing new flavor. Check out their website hopeandsocial.com, and listen to my favorite song off of their first ever album Sleep Sound below:

Hope and Social - Sleep Sound


No comments:

Post a Comment