Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Diplo - Enter the Beat Portal Mix (Moombahton)

Diplo (Thomas Pentz) is a man in the electronic dance music industry I really respect. He has the brazen tenacity to pump out track after track after track working with people I've never heard of, producing tracks that always have something new, and just generally making his listeners want to get naked. He started his own record label called Mad Decent and has worked with a lot of celebrities with production or mixtape projects, and I'm sure we'll be seeing much more good stuff from him in years to come.

About two weeks ago he released a Beatport exclusive mix, which I will simply link and hope that you check him out - he lists a lot of tracks, and it would be arduous for me to plug them all here, so just shuffle your little butt on over there. He describes his intentions writing, "[For] The first half of this mix I wanted to highlight the lasted and greatest in moombahton while showcasing some of the classics. The second half is all bangers featuring tracks I've been playing to crowds all over the world."

Check out Diplo here: http://mixes.beatport.com/mix/1018


No comments:

Post a Comment