Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Miniature Tigers - Tell It to the Volcano (Indie Rock/Pop)


This could very well be one of the catchiest albums I've ever listened to. I've known about this Brooklyn based Indie band for a while, but it's become clear to me only recently what this band really specializes in: making catchy songs. They have a really effective formula that is to say - it's all very upbeat, sing-song, and rhythmic; the lyrics are goofy and catchy, fun to sing along with and just listen to; and its full of chromatic twists and turns that give it almost a Broadway feel. I haven't actually listened to any of their newer albums, but I'm always very intrigued when an album fills a specifically niche so perfectly. I've also found that because of simple and accessible tonalities of all the melodies that this whole album is great for practicing singing harmony.

Give it a listen, memorize the lyrics accidentally, find yourself humming it all the time:


No comments:

Post a Comment